Trucking accidents are typically devastating and result in victims suffering from catastrophic injuries or even death. The determination of negligence can rest with several different parties and building a strong personal injury case following a truck accident can be legally complex and challenging, involving independent investigations and consulting with accident reconstruction specialists and medical experts. If you were injured in a truck accident, you are likely facing astronomical medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. An experienced personal injury attorney can help ensure that you receive compensation to help you pay for these unexpected expenses, as well as the justice you deserve.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can be caused by any of the following reasons:
- Overloaded trucks
- Improperly secured cargo
- Driver negligence (speeding, failure to obey traffic signs, distracted driving, driving while fatigued, unsafe turns, inadequate surveillance, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, reckless driving)
- Lack of appropriate training for the driver
- Unreasonable schedules established by the trucking company
- Failure to maintain trucks appropriately according to maintenance schedules
- Manufacture defects or design flaws
- Defective or hazardous roadways
Unlike accidents involving only two passenger vehicles, there are several parties that may be liable for accidents involving large commercial trucks. Depending on the facts and circumstances of the accident, a victim of a trucking accident can file a claim against the following parties:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company that hired the truck driver
- The company that has a fleet of trucks for their business that hired the truck driver
- The truck owner (which can be different from the above parties)
- Any third-party responsible for improper loading or securement of cargo
- The shipping company requesting the cargo
- The manufacturing company of any truck part or component determined to have design flaws or defects that either caused or contributed to the accident
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
If you suffered injuries in a trucking accident, you have the right to receive compensation for your losses suffered as a direct result of someone else’s negligence. Ken Sigelman, J.D., M.D., is a doctor who is licensed to practice law in California and Florida, and before the U.S. Supreme Court. For more than 20 years, Ken has had an exceptional record of verdicts, settlements and arbitration awards. If you suffered injuries related to your trucking accident, contact our experienced personal injury attorneys at 866-971-8956 or online today for a free consultation.
Kenneth M. Sigelman and Associates possesses an exceptional and thorough knowledge of California law, decades of legal experience and a commitment to achieve justice and obtain fair compensation for victims. Click below to learn more about our team of attorneys.
Law is a complicated matter. It can cause you a big problem. Let Us help you!