If you are a construction worker, you are aware of the dangers and hazards of your job. If you ever suffer injuries as a result of your job as a construction worker, you should ensure that you follow certain steps in order to receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Steps to Take Following a Construction Accident
You should make sure to follow these steps after a construction accident to ensure that you not only protect your health but also your ability to receive compensation for your losses.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you are severely injured (if you do not need to go to the emergency room, you should seek a medical evaluation from your physician).
- Notify your employer as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after the accident
- Obtain all witness information, including contact information.
- If possible, take photographs of the accident scene, and of any injuries suffered at the time of the construction accident.
- Report the accident to the appropriate Workers’ Compensation Board by filling out a claim form.
- Most accidents that occur on a construction site should be reported to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which is a branch of the U.S. Department of Labor. OSHA will then conduct an independent investigation of the construction accident.
- If you develop any new symptoms or more severe symptoms of existing medical conditions, you should return to a medical professional for additional evaluation.
Contact a Construction Accident Attorney
If you were involved in a construction accident, one of the most important steps you can take is to contact a construction accident attorney. You should consider contacting an experienced attorney prior to filling out the claim for the Workers’ Compensation Board, to ensure that all of your legal rights are protected.
If you suffered injuries related to a construction accident, you want the best medical and legal care available. There are few practicing medical malpractice lawyers who are also medical doctors. Ken Sigelman, J.D., M.D., is a doctor who is licensed to practice law in California and Florida, and before the U.S. Supreme Court. For more than 20 years, Dr. Sigelman, an award-winning trial lawyer, has had an exceptional record of verdicts, settlements and arbitration awards. If you suffered any injuries as a result of medical negligence, contact our experienced and compassionate attorneys at 866-971-8956 or online today for a free consultation.
An experienced attorney can make a positive difference in any civil claim filed in Los Angeles. It’s understandable to feel distressed and uncertain in the face of the various legal challenges you must overcome to secure recompense for your damages, and our goal is to streamline this process on your behalf as much as possible. If you are ready to learn how a seasoned Los Angeles car crash attorney can empower your recovery efforts, contact us today and schedule a free consultation with our firm.
Law is a complicated matter. It can cause you a big problem. Let Us help you!